Boo! Come out to “Social Friday.” On October 28 The Recyclery will meet at the shop to participate in Critical Mass. Dress yourself and your bike up in costume and join us for a fun ride. Chicago Critical Mass meets at Daley Plaza on the last Friday of EVERY month. People show up around 5 or 5:30p and the ride takes off after 6pm. The group slowly winds a dozen miles or more. All volunteers, patrons and everyone interested is welcome to ride with us. All the information you need to RSVP is here.
- Become a Sponsor: Tailwind For Tools Open House — Tailwind For Tools is our annual winter fundraiser. Every year it ends with an Open House party! Can you help us reach our $10,000 goal and have a true celebration? Over the years we have crafted an enticing program for all ages and interests – from bike fixing to arts & crafts, to community panels. Every [...]
- 4th Annual Tailwind for Tools Fun-draiser! — Last year we surpassed our fundraising goal, coming in at $5,345.00 and making it our most successful fundraising campaign yet! Thanks to the generosity of our friends, we were able to sponsor more youth rides, train more young adults, give away more bikes, inaugurate new programming, and continue serving the Howard area community in Rogers [...]
- Join Our October Tune Up Class!!! — Our two-part bicycle Tune Up Class is taught by an experienced Recyclery crew mechanic. This class will introduce you to basic bicycle maintenance. We’ll cover tool and component terminology, fixing a flat, chain maintenance, brake pad replacement, and basic shifting adjustments. These classes will be held the Sunday evenings of October 14th and 21st, 6-9PM. [...]
- F*** Impossible: Bike Travel Adventures for All — Have you ever wanted to bike, camp overnight, and just keep going? Join us Saturday, September 22nd at 6:00pm for a presentation on bike touring from Mary Ann Thomas, who has bicycled across North America and India. She will share stories from the road, demystify logistics and costs, and help you figure out how to [...]
- A Special Afternoon Tune Up Class in July! — Our July Tune Up Class will vary a bit from regular scheduling, meeting in the afternoon! We will meet on Sunday, July 22 and Sunday, July 29, from 2:00 to 5:00 PM. This two-part bicycle Tune-Up Class will be taught by Tzippy and will introduce you to basic bicycle maintenance. We’ll cover tool and component [...]